5.06.2012

Morning of the Marathon


I always get excited for the morning of the marathon each May.   Getting up early, packing a breakfast to eat in Sherman, coffee, and cheering.  Lots of cheering!  We go to the same spots and jump out of Sherman to cheer each year.  This year Kim and the kids came along with us.  We had such fun standing and cheering for the ten thousand runners to "keep it up"!  My eyes were bouncing around in my head as I scanned the ten thousand runners to find TJ so as to be able to shout out as loud as I could and cheer him on! 




I was so proud of TJ for running.  He doesn't always get in the miles that he would like to as he's training, and yet he still can run the 13.2 on race day.  He sets such a good example for our children too! 




It was weird this year because I had actually registered to run it.  I had been running with my good friends and mentally trying to prepare myself to be able to run it so shortly after Pete was born.  But the closer it got to race day, I knew I wasn't going to be able to run.  My knees and back were bothering me and I opted to take the kids out and cheer for everyone instead.  Even so, from the sidelines I was wishing that I had done it!


We are so proud of you TJ!


No comments: