1.27.2012

A New Day Dawns

We battled the flu this whole week, and it won.  It made its way through almost everyone in our house, even causing TJ to take a trip to the ER on Tuesday night.  To sum up this week...Clorox wipes, chicken noodle soup, Popsicles, Gatorade, Jello, Lysol spray.....Uggh.
But the sun is shining, today is a new day, and we are still here, moving on.

Four years ago for my birthday, TJ built this kneeler for me.  I loved it so much, but it was never in the right spot for me to really use it.  There was no room for it in our bedroom and when it was upstairs by the kids bedrooms, I swear they could hear me when I knelt down to pray because someone would always wake up way too early.  It got moved into a spot in Evelyn's room where it has sat for months.  But since we moved some things around in the house, it's now in the perfect spot to actually get used.  And I'm really needing to use it.

My sister gave me this book  for my birthday.  And so, when Monday came I pulled it out, knelt down and began to pray and read.  Each week focuses on a different saint and a scripture verse.   The first one focuses on the Blessed Virgin Mary and was so relevant to my life that day....of course.
This is what I read and kept me going all through my nasty week...

"Be with us in our celebrations and those moments when life is painful and difficult.  Help us to accept God's perfect plan for our lives.  Take our hands and lead us to your Son, Jesus.  Amen"

I pictured Mary leading me by the hand all week as I was in the midst of sickness, anxiety, and worry.  And she did.  I was overcome by so much generosity from so many people.  TJ's  mom came over and brought sick kid food and ended up taking TJ to the ER and staying with him until they got home around one in the morning. She made us her chicken noodle soup that everyone loves.   My mom brought  the kids home from school and picked up some supplies that Thomas needed to do a school project.  Friends brought us dinners, and picked up Thomas and Annie from school, and prayed for us.  I am so grateful to you all.


My birthday is on the anniversary of Roe vs. Wade.  January 22 marks the date that abortion became legal in our country.  Sickening.  My parents brought over this rose for Pete on my birthday.  A rose for his life and in memory of all the babies who are not given the chance to live and die by being aborted.

 

 

Brothers.

My children are not baby crazy.  They do love to hold the new baby, just not all the time as I hear some children do.  Thomas and Annie are still weirded out by a baby's spit up.  Before picking the baby up I'll hear them ask me if I have just nursed or not. (to lessen their chance of being spit up on!) That's all right because to me, it makes the moments when I see them grab the baby on their own, all that more special.  I love to see an older sibling with their baby brother or sister.  We're starting to hit that phase!


 

 



 

26 comments:

Smiler #1 said...

God bless you! Love to see the brothers together. :)

Anonymous said...

xanax online prescription xanax more drug_uses - xanax side effects gas

Anonymous said...

ativan no prescription ativan overdose management - prozac ativan and alcohol

Anonymous said...

buy xanax online xanax drug slang - xanax bars much

Anonymous said...

zolpidem 10 mg zolpidem 10mg price - zolpidem tartrate er cost

Anonymous said...

diazepam drug diazepam 10mg pills - diazepam 2mg how long

Anonymous said...

ambien online no prescription long ambien drug test - ambien sleep anxiety

Anonymous said...

generic xanax online xanax withdrawal uk - xanax bars footballs

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam online diazepam treat alcohol withdrawal - diazepam dosage side effects

Anonymous said...

ativan lorazepam ativan online australia - ativan getting high

Anonymous said...

is lorazepam stronger than diazepam diazepam dosage pictures - diazepam 5mg take

Anonymous said...

zolpidem high buy ambien online canada - where to buy zolpidem online

Anonymous said...

buy ativan online buy ativan australia - buy lorazepam without prescriptions

Anonymous said...

buy xanax overnight delivery xanax withdrawal extreme fatigue - super cheap xanax

Anonymous said...

diazepam 10 mg buy valium diazepam online - diazepam compared to xanax

Anonymous said...

buy ativan ativan withdrawal methods - ativan addiction

Anonymous said...

ativan drug buy ativan tablets - ativan and xanax interaction

Anonymous said...

buy ativan ativan yan etkileri - ativan addiction and withdrawal

Anonymous said...

purchase valium valium vs xanax drug test - valium for sale london

Anonymous said...

cheap ambien ambien 10mg with alcohol - best place buy ambien

Anonymous said...

cheap generic valium 5mg valium much xanax - buy valium in australia

Anonymous said...

carisoprodol without prescription buy soma online ship to florida - soma drug withdrawal

Anonymous said...

ordering ambien online ambien synthroid drug interactions - ambien dose

Anonymous said...

soma online buy generic soma online no prescription - carisoprodol recreational dose

Anonymous said...

ambien pharmacy ambien walrus hat - is it legal to buy ambien online

Anonymous said...

buy valium online legally buy valium online pharmacy - pass valium drug test