11.14.2011

Saintly Snacks

Annie's Little Flowers group celebrated an "All Saints" party this month.  I was able to make the snack, and as I was thinking of what to make, it came to me to make a couple different small finger food snacks that symbolize a few saints.  It was fun.  So, we ended up with...

Saint Lucy's....eyes.
Saint Lucy is a martyr who had her eyes plucked out for being a christian.

Saint Therese's....Little Flower cupcakes.
Saint Therese is known as the Little Flower and promised to send a shower of roses down from heaven after her death.

Saint Clare's....eclairs.
There is no correlation here, it just sounded good!


Blessed Mother Theresa's....caring heart mints.
Mother Theresa walked the streets of Calcutta India caring for the homeless, dying, and the sick.


Saint Blaise's....candlesticks.
On the feast of St. Blaise which is in February, the priest will bless every one's throat at mass with candlesticks.  It is said that St. Blaise saved a young boy who was choking on a fish bone.

2 comments:

Amy J said...

Your creativity never ceases to amaze me! I LOVE the candlesticks!

Jenn said...

Oh Kristi, you amaze me! And I wish I had half your energy with you due only a week and a half behind me!!! God bless you!!!