11.09.2011

Preparing to Give Thanks

 I've been noticing a lot of these pennent banners all over the crafting blogs world lately.  They are adorable, stylish, and look so darn pretty, I just had to try and make one.



The best part about this whole project was that I used whatever I had already at home.  Zero spending, which is always a good thing!


Now, the possiblities are endless.  I'm already planning to make a banner for every holiday, season, feast day, and birthday possible, as well as Christmas gifts...why not?

The past few days I've been browsing through my recipes and making lists of what dishes will make it to our Thanksgiving dinner table this year.  There are the non-negotiable staples that MUST be there...grandma Becky's stuffing, grandma Gladys' noodles, sweet potato casserole, green been casserole, turkey with Durkey's dressing, and pies.  Lots of pie.  I always like to try a few new dishes as well.  Last year it was brussels sprouts and a wild rice and mushroom soup.

I love spending time planning what my table will be decorated like, what name cards to make, different ways to share what we are thankful for and planning to make about fifteen pies!  Oh, how I love to make pie.

2 comments:

Smiler #1 said...

Very cute! 15 pies...can I come? ;)

Anne L said...

I looove your church pew, Kristi. Where were you lucky enough to find that?! I am looking for one. Super cute banners too....There should really be a local etsy, with all these crafty people craftin' it up. :)