10.24.2011

A Beautiful Fall

There is a magical few minutes each morning where the sun is the most brilliant gold I have ever seen.  As it begins peeking over the horizon, it casts it's dazzling colors and makes everything look spectacular.



And it's in those quick, few minutes that I enjoy taking pictures the most.  Whether I'm outside or inside, everything that is ordinary looks radiant once the warm orange sun hits it.



It can even morph a burnt pear tart into a thing of beauty.



I love that with fall comes cleaning up the outside.  I can say that because we live in an area that has very few mature trees dangling millions of leaves.  Most of our trees leave only a tiny pile of leaves beneath them.  I know friends who have to rake and rake all of fall, and I'm sure that would not be my choice of fun...but when it just takes us one morning to clean up and cut away, the task becomes more pleasurable.







"We are in for a spell of perfect weather now, every day luminous, every night brimmed with stars.  Picnics at noon, supper by the apple wood fire at night, a walk in the cool moonlight before bed."

-Gladys Taber







1 comment:

Smiler #1 said...

Have you ever considered making a calendar with pictures from just outside your front door? You have so many beautiful shots. If you do, can I have a copy so I pretend it looks like that out my window? ;)