8.17.2011

A Priceless Moment

Oh, how I wish I had my camera in hand this morning to capture George.

Last night, my mom came over to watch George and Evie while we dinned out alone.  Evie was already in bed, and George was all ready to go down.  He didn't rest at all that day, and by 7:00 I told him it was time to head south.  My mom got here right at seven and so we told him he could stay up and play legos with her for about thirty more minutes.  On one condition....he was to go to bed right away when she said and that he had to stay in bed.  I even told him that I might get him the blue Thomas the Train that he picks up and wants every time we go into Walgreen's.  That did the trick.  Mom said he went to bed and only came down twice, but that he went right back up and fell right asleep.

So, when I heard his little feet making their way downstairs this morning, I knew what was coming.  The first words out of his mouth were, Is nama still here, I stayed in my bed all night long. Can we go to Walgreen's to get my train?  Before coming home last night, we ran into Walgreen's to get a few things and I went ahead and got the train for him.  I'm so glad that I did.  When I told him how proud of him I was and that I just might have a surprise for him right now, he started in with the over laughing.  When I pulled out the train, he laughed for a minute straight.  The joy, and excitement plastered all over his face was priceless.  And I was proud of him.  I had wanted to do a little something special for him this week anyways..... I think this took care of that.  He's been playing trains all morning.

No comments: