8.31.2011

Mornings

There is something very therapeutic for me about rising before anyone else in the house.  When the sun is still absent from the sky, but the beginnings of light are just beginning to peek over the horizon.  It's quiet, peaceful, and calm.  It's when I like to run, think, pray, and of course, enjoy a cup of coffee.  Some mornings I work out with friends where we enjoy each others company while sweating, and other mornings I head out solo to run around our boulevard.  I'm 21 weeks pregnant and still able to run a few miles, so I'm going for as long as my body, and baby, will let me!  Although my run is more of a waddle jog these days....





Laura, Jarod and Andrew were here this weekend.  Two green bellies equal two great tables for coffee!



Annie has be liking word searches lately. 

A nice, yummy breakfast after running.  I'll have one of these every morning, please. 

And as if I haven't been baking and eating enough lately, we decided to make a Sunday pie while the boys were golfing.  Peach pie.




A lovely Sunday indeed.  Nothing profound, just fun spending time with family.

And speaking of working out with friends in the mornings....
It was my dear friend, Kim's birthday this week.  It happened to be on one of the mornings that Janel, Mary, Laurie and I work out together on, and we got to be the first ones to celebrate her birthday...since it was like 5:30 in the morning. 


On this particular morning though, it was raining.  Let me restate that, it was pouring down buckets of rain and the thunder and lightning was the loudest I have EVER heard.  We met anyways, Kim has a covered area in her backyard that we work out in, so we thought we'd be just fine.  After five minutes, we all looked at each other after noticing the fountain of water streaming down the back of her covered patio, and we knew it was over. 



So instead of working out, we spent an hour sitting around her kitchen table, eating banana muffins with cream cheese frosting, and drinking coffee.  We sang happy birthday to her and I truly felt like I was ten years old again and at a friends birthday party.  The nostalgia of it all was priceless.  Soaking wet and sleepy eyed, we chatted the wee morning hour away. 

Happy birthday Kim!

26 comments:

Aubrey said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Cynthia said...

This post was so beautiful to read...so very peaceful. AND your pictures...good grief I need a waffle like that...stat! Also,I am in awe of anyone that runs while pregnant! I always wanted to...but alas, my will took over. Many blessings to you and your pregnancy!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have actually read The Mother's Rule and loved it to pieces. The hard part for me is/was sticking to the rule I set. Noah came last Feb. and I became scattered all over again :) I am in a women's group/Bible study here, and we are carefully going over the book again. It's re-energized me for sure! Did you know she has a blog where she tackles some of the questions many of her readers have? It's been really helpful as well.

Ok..this was a really long comment. It was good "meeting" you too! Have a blessed Sunday!

Anonymous said...

diazepam online diazepam high alert drug - diazepam what dosage

Anonymous said...

can you really buy xanax online get xanax online legally - can you drug test xanax

Anonymous said...

cheap ambien online ambien pill finder - ambien drug reactions

Anonymous said...

buy zolpidem picture of zolpidem er - what is zolpidem 10mg used for

Anonymous said...

diazepam cheap diazepam xanax withdrawal - cheap diazepam for sale

Anonymous said...

order valium online effects of valium and vicodin - buy valium safely online

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam cheap roche diazepam - diazepam withdrawal 5mg

Anonymous said...

ativan anxiety picture of lorazepam 1mg - ativan withdrawal wikipedia

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam diazepam dosage im - buy diazepam online usa

Anonymous said...

ativan no prescription what is the regular dosage of ativan - buy lorazepam online mastercard

Anonymous said...

purchase xanax xanax generic online - xanax xr generic pictures

Anonymous said...

buy xanax 2mg xanax withdrawal support group - buy xanax legally online

Anonymous said...

buy ativan online ativan every 8 hours - buy ativan with no prescription

Anonymous said...

ativan online ativan user reviews - ativan off label uses

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam generic valium 10mg diazepam street price - diazepam valium formula

Anonymous said...

order soma buy generic soma online - generic soma online

Anonymous said...

buy valium online valium dosage compared xanax - medication prince valium lyrics

Anonymous said...

online ambien order ambien online canada - how many 10 mg ambien to overdose

Anonymous said...

cheap carisoprodol where can i buy soma intimates - soma drug in brave new world

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online ambien withdrawal seizures - zolpidem er or ambien cr

Anonymous said...

zolpidem without prescription can you buy ambien otc - ambien cr 12.5 mg argentina

Anonymous said...

cheap valium online no prescription type medication valium - buy valium online overnight delivery

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam online buy valium from roche - discount valium online

Anonymous said...

buy valium online cheap cheapest valium forum - valium sale cheap