1.15.2011

A Saturday Thought

My life changed at 5:49pm on May 23, 2002. It's the exact minute that my first child was born. It's the exact minute that I became responsible for someone other than myself. It's the exact minute that I would never be alone again.

Up until then, my life was about me. Yes, I had a husband now, whom I loved to serve and take care of, but I still could basically do what I wanted, when I wanted to. If I wanted to take a nap, I could lay down and fall asleep. If I wanted to go for a walk, out the door I went. If I wanted to go out to dinner, all I had to say was Grandmothers and we were there in two seconds. If we wanted to go to Colorado, we packed one suitcase and drove away. Simple.

Yet, we must have wanted more than that because we had a great desire to have children right away. We wanted to have a family and all that comes with it...all the selflessness, I should say. We were pregnant with Thomas one month after being married. And it was wonderful.

It's weird for me to think that I have not physically been apart from my children for almost nine years now. Thomas and Annie have spent a random night here and there with our parents before. They all have been away from me for two nights when I am in the hospital having their newest brother or sister. The biggest one was this summer, Thomas and Annie went to Norfolk to stay with Jarod, Laura and Andrew for two nights. We have never left them at home while going on a vacation......more to come on that!

A little sweetness for this cold Saturday...









2 comments:

sogladimhere said...

That pink snowsuit is over-the-top.

And you left me hanging...is a child-free vacation in the works for you and T.J.? It is on my to-do list for 2011 for Phil and me.

Amy said...

Ooooh please don't wait too long to share your plans!!!
Will you share your recipe for the goopy slimy stuff?