1.30.2011

Praying and Playing on Saturday.

Before I begin this post, I would just like everyone to know how much I love my husband. Really, he is awesome. I know that we all have awesome husbands, but today, mine rocks. Last week he said to me out of the blue, would you like me to start taking the kids to school every day? It makes more sense since I am already leaving the house and that way I can spend some more time with Thomas and Annie in the morning.

After picking my jaw up off the floor and asking Thomas to pinch me, I managed to muster out a thank you. Now I can let George and Evie sleep in the morning instead of dragging them from their warm little beds. Now I have an extra hour in my day. So, here I am, Monday morning. I'm still in my ski socks, shrunken jammie pants and warm, fuzzy, robe. I'm sitting in front of the computer, coffee in hand, getting ready to write this post. TJ calls, it's 9:15. He told me that he just got into work and how it took him one hour to get the kids to school. The roads were so icy that traffic was just crawling along.

God bless you TJ. I love you. Thank you for spending an hour and a half in your car this morning taking our children to school, so I could stay home, warm and cozy, drinking coffee. It's not fair, I know. But I love you and appreciate all that you do for us.
THE WALK FOR LIFE
Saturday was the annual Walk for Life. We went and walked and prayed for an end to abortion and for all those unborn babies. It was really a beautiful day. The weather was pleasant. Mom, Laura, Jarod and Andrew even came, so they could walk as well. They know all too well how precious life is.




Pink and blue balloons were released, symbolizing all those little souls in heaven.
I couldn't help but think of our little Joseph as I saw this one lone blue balloon drifting heavenward. It was one year ago yesterday that we knew he had died.




After the walk, the Vaceks and us decided to go to Ya-Ya's pizza downtown for a little lunch. We were inspired from the Walk for Life and decided there was no better way to promote LIFE than to take nine children into a restaurant during the lunch hour.



Did I mention that the pizza rocked. I've never had Ya-Ya's before, but man, was it yummy. As you can tell, I enjoyed it. Thanks TJ for the picture.



TRIVIA NIGHT
And now for the playing part of our day. Our church hosts an annual event called Trivia Night. Last year the Boevers, Rutledges, Vackes and us all formed a team. We had such a fun time together and even though we didn't do too hot, we still had fun. After that night, we decided to stick together each year as a team....forever. We'll all be sixty and still playing Trivia Night together. Maybe by then we'll even win.
We started the evening at Grandmothers, of course. Craig had been texting the guys the day before with random trivia questions, getting them ready. Some of us even received an automated voice message reminding us to practice.....courtesy of Craig.

There are about thirty tables of eight that make up this event. Tables even dress up in costumes. It is so much fun!!

Our table and team name....

I had never laughed so hard. My stomach seriously hurt from laughing. We quickly realized that next year we better start practicing much sooner than the day before.

Jillian, our appointed writer of the answers. She did a fabulous job!





Our table was right next to the "cunning" hams. They are funny.


And the bonus for the night was John and I winning ten dollars each. He got on stage and ate a spoonful of wasabi sauce...and I, well I got on stage and did the splits. We're a talented table, we know it.

Making outfits out of black trash bags....




They both were too funny. Tim even has a nice strut.

Concentration...

Questioning...

Confusion...

and determination.

Next year guys, we'll get 'um next year.

4 comments:

fullofgracex7 said...

I wish I would have jumped up and gotten a picture of you doing the splits. We briefed our kids Sunday morning about the night's events before they heard from someone else that their father strutted on stage in a plastic bikini! LOL They were impressed that you can do the splits! Love your pictures!! Isn't it a fun tradition to have a designated trivia team? I hope we always keep our same team too!

I missed doing the Walk for Life as a family this year...just the boys went with Tim while Mattie and Millie stayed home and took care of their sick mommy.

AND...the morning I saw TJ dropping the kids at school when you returned from CO, my very first thought was that while you were gone he offered to start driving the kids since he was already heading out. :) What a treat for you!!! The change in your day will be amazing no doubt. God bless your wonderful husband!

Renee said...

Thanks for the pictures, Kristi. I just showed Phil the one of him in the pig nose and his response was "Whoaaa. Extreme close-up." Ha.

HangerMom said...

So funny! I love the pictures from the cereal tasting round. And of course our table's ridiculous noses. Good times!

Nice work on the splits - and in jeans!

And congrats on the drive-free morning. Since Peter was born, Nathaniel has been walking the girls to school and a neighbor kid walks them home. I miss seeing them at school and the little bits of social interaction with adults, but being able to let Meg and Peter sleep and not having to be out of my jammies... AWESOME. I'm glad you're getting some of that as well!

Kari Lee said...

Hi Kristi - I've missed reading your blog and blogging myself so much!!! I have more catching up to do, but it's a start. What a fabulous Saturday!! I miss participating in the Walk for Life too!!! I'm assuming Laura told you that we are expecting?? Anyway, I've never felt this sick and it seems since mid November my life has been on stand still as I spend every free moment lying in an unmoving ball. :) Hopefully my Christmas cards will go out by next week.....
keep writing - you were born to do it! :)
♥ Kari