11.11.2010

Celebrating Nothing

Sunday was a morning of celebrating at our house. There were no birthday cakes, balloons, or breakfasts in bed. No candles, flowers, or presents either. But we celebrated none the less.

I started the day by waking up a lot later than I usually do on a Sunday. I opened my eyes and my first thought was, darn, now I can't make my pie. I was grumpy and irritated and I had just woken up. I walked downstairs and glanced at the clock, and to my wonderful surprise it was .....daylight savings. YES! From that moment on, my entire attitude shifted from gloominess, to gratefulness. I was so happy to have that extra hour. I made my pie and watched my children and I celebrated the ordinary nothings!

Like......

New warm fuzzy feet jammies.
Sipping coffee while reading a children's poetry book and one of my most favorite cookbooks in the whole wide world.


Digging for the marshmallows in Lucky Charms.
A chess match between Thomas and Annie.


Sitting with my baby and reading books.

Really good farm eggs.


And a husband who made them.


Eating in a cape. Why not?


And drinking a mamossa with brunch....to celebrate, um....daylight savings!


I love when I can look at my husband, children, house, our everyday moments and just be grateful and content. That's my goal. Striving for contentment in the midst of chaos. Most of our days revolve around routine and responsiblities, and lack the excitment and energy that I desire. But it's there. There is always excitment and moments worth celebrating, I just have to look a little harder for them.

2 comments:

Smiler #1 said...

Wow. Gotta love the marshmallow digging. =]

HangerMom said...

You're a better mom than me by far. I never let me kids pick out the marshmallows! :)

And I want a mimosa... I may have to get those on the menu next weekend.