10.06.2010

Here's the story....

Ok. If you have checked my blog within the last two days, you would have gotten a rather rude notice saying that this blog is private or you can no longer read this blog.....something like that.

Let me explain what happened.

First, let me tell you that I am the type of person who reacts immediately. I don't usually stop and think about what I'm going to say or do. I'm the one who will rush the child to the emergency room without thinking of any other logical explanation why they could be sick. I don't care. I just want them to be alright. And I panic when I hear stories about crazy, weird people out there in cyberspace world who read blogs and then stalks the person either through comments or by watching them. So, after a conversation I had with friends about blogging and privacy issues, I came home and closed my blog. I did a lot of thinking that night about privacy and how our society shares everything with the world. Nothing is private anymore. I had to cancel facebook months ago because I seriously couldn't handle knowing what everyone was doing at every minute of the day. I felt like my head would explode. People say, all in moderation, but I get sucked into checking facebook and blogs and pretty soon an hour has gone by. I think it's the same for most people. We say were going to just check facebook and then an hour later we realize that we haven't even gotten to just checking emails. I've got to learn to prioritize. If I can stay up blogging and emailing until midnight, then I should be able to stay up and pray the rosary before going to bed, right?

Back to the blog. Now, you may be thinking why close it when it was password protected anyway? Here's the funny part. Just before that conversation with my friends I had opened my blog up to anybody reading it. I had been thinking how I am comfortable now with blogging and sharing my life with my close friends....why not just let anyone read it? Everybody else lets the world read their blogs, why don't I? Well, I'll tell you why, because I panic and freak out. That's why. I have no idea why I thought I would be ok letting anybody read about my family. I'm totally an under the radar kind of girl. I do, however, truly enjoy having you all reading and seeing what our family is up to. I don't want you to go away. So please excuse my wishy-washy....ness.

Closing my blog (for a day) led me to really think about why am I blogging? Why do I choose to spend precious hours sitting at the computer uploading pictures, and writing, when I have SO MANY other things I want and need to be doing? I started this blog as our family scrapbook. An easy way for me to document our life in pictures without the hassle of paper, stickers, cutting, ect. And I love it. I LOVE BLOGGING. It's been the funnest thing I have done in a long time! It has forced me to think and ponder more about my days with my husband and children.

So, I guess I am back to where I started. It's the best of both worlds for me. By password protecting it, I can have all you wonderful people seeing what the Casady's are doing, but still have the privacy I feel is important for our family. Thanks for understanding!

2 comments:

fullofgracex7 said...

I was seriously starting to get really sad. "Welcome back" LOL! Can't wait to fill you in on some similar conversations in our house lately. :)

HangerMom said...

It made me super sad to think that I would get to see your amazing cooking and photos anymore, so I'm glad you're still around. Even if it's just for now.