10.07.2010

Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary

Happy feast day! I have been waiting for this feast to make this edible rosary!

The kids came down for breakfast to find a giant rosary ready for them to eat. However, this picture is from when I made it last year for our godteens snack. I'm not sure if it's because I have a terrible head cold and my brain temporarily shut down or what, but last night when I was baking the lemon poppyseed muffins, I was sure that I only needed twenty-eight mini ones. Five decades and three for the first Hail Mary's. Twenty-eight? What? Try fifty-three. So I was a little short this morning. Good thing the kids didn't care....they got the picture!! It was a lovely way to begin this beautiful feast day! (the kids did not get blue cupcakes for breakfast, but lemon poppyseed muffins instead!)

No comments: