9.20.2010

more letter of the week ideas

Today begins "E" week at our house.

Here are a few other things that we do to incorporate the letter of the week here:

"E" books from the library. Last year Lindsay introduced me to the wonderful service that our library provides. I get on the library web site and select the books that I want. They will pull them off the shelves, rubber band them together, stick my name on them, and have this pile of books waiting for me on a shelf to pick up. Easy. As. Pie.

During snack time we have been looking through the dictionary at all the words that begin with our letter. We shout out words we can think of. Just another way to increase their vocabulary and introduce them to big words.

It's kind of fun to see how many letter of the week words we can use in our everyday speaking.

No comments: