8.01.2010

Millie's August pie

There's no better way to begin the month of August, than with a pie in her honor.



Millie's August Pie


My friend Janel gave me this recipe. I couldn't wait to try and make it. I love the name Millie. Her youngest child is named Ameila and they call her Millie. She is so cute.

It sounded so yummy. Peaches and raspberries, and relatively simple. Yay!


What I drink in my coffee to make it oh-so-yummy-good! I absolutely look forward to Sunday morning by myself in the kitchen baking a pie. Apron on over my jammies and coffee in hand covering up my morning breath. Try it I tell you, just once.



This pie plate is truly an old friend to me. I got this as a wedding shower gift over 9 years ago. I love the scalloped edges. I wish I knew the number of pies I've bake in it. Until a few weeks ago, it was the only pie plate I owned, it is by far my favorite.

I love to serve people. It makes me giddy to make something and have the person try it. It's even better when what I've made evokes a yummy reaction in the person. Tonight, I was cleaning the kitchen after dinner while TJ and the kids started the movie downstairs. I brewed a pot of coffee, plated the pie and brought it down to them. TJ gave me an oh wow and Thomas gave me a thumbs up. He later said, I love your crust mom. There you have it. The reason I make anything. To get that reaction from my husband and children. (Although when Annie tried the pie I asked her how she liked it. She said, nah, I don't like it. I'm blaming that on the fact that she wasn't feeling well and had a fever.)



It's so much nicer when my family thanks me and enjoys what I have made for them. Having said that, I started thinking about God and how He must delight in our thanking Him for the many gifts and blessings He gives to us.
George opted to have a spray of cool whip instead of pie. Oh, George.

Millie's August Pie

2 cups sliced peaches
2 cups raspberries
1 cup half and half
1 egg
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt

Place fruit in an unbaked pie crust. Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the fruit. Bake at 400 degrees for 50 minutes.


2 comments:

fullofgracex7 said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! Now, just what are the chances that we would both make the same pie on the same day and then both create a blog post about it?? I laughed, and then quickly showed Tim yours, then mine! Your pie looks so much yummier than mine looked. I've missed your company so much these last couple of weeks. Looking forward to resuming our runs together.

sogladimhere said...

Yum. Millie's pie sounds perfect. Wish I could order a slice right now.
I love the name Amelia too, Janel.