7.22.2010

city kids gathering eggs



When Janel asked us if we would mind coming out to their house while they were gone for the week to feed the chickens and collect the eggs, we said sure! I thought it would be fun for the kids to do. And they loved it! My Thomas, who is always thinking, decided to bring gloves....just in case!



Good thing he did because some of the eggs had been pooped on by the chickens! Us city folk had a hard time picking up poopy eggs!!!!

I was impressed with how they got right in there and fed the chickens and then found and gathered up the eggs. I've always been timid around animals. I never grew up having any pets! But Thomas and Annie loved feeding the chickens and trying to pet them. They even saved the duck who had gotten stuck behind a piece of plywood.


They have a beautiful red barn that was just calling me to take pictures of it!!





And George found Joe's trains in the sand and was content just to drive them around the barn.


Thanks for the fun experience Andreasens!

3 comments:

Jillian said...

I most definitely would have needed those gloves...brilliant idea Thomas!

fullofgracex7 said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Sorry that those darn chickens make their nests messy! Ick! So glad it was fun though. :)

Aubrey said...

I enjoy your pictures, Kristi!