6.12.2010

my inspiration

It's been one month since I started blogging. That's it. I feel like I've been blogging my whole life. Crazy.


I thought about the day I decided to start my blog. It was Mother's Day. After a lovely breakfast in bed, I headed downstairs to, upon orders "do whatever you want." And so, I poured another cup of coffee, and sat down on the couch. I'll read. I thought. So I grabbed a new cookbook that a dear friend gave to me and opened it up. Here's what I found.



It's much more than a cookbook.




"One morning, in my pajamas, I stumbled to the computer and had the random thought, Maybe I should start one of those blog things. I really didn't know much about blogs, but my mom lived in another state and I thought it would be a handy way to share photos of my kids with her. Using free online software I could barely navigate, I had a blog up and running within ten minutes. I posted a handful of photos of the kids, wrote a thought or two, then went about my day." -Ree Drummond





After reading that, it was the straw that broke the camels back, so they say. I had been thinking about blogging for a long time, but had some reservations about it. Mainly that I am so computer illiterate that I thought I could never do it. After reading how simple it appeared to be for Ree, I went for it. Though it took me all day long, not ten minutes, I had begun my blog!



I was so inspired by Ree Durmmond's family, food, fun and her ability to capture it all with her camera. I was absolutely drawn to her beautiful pictures of her husband, children, ranch, horses and food. I want to do that I thought. Actually I already had been, I just didn't have a place to put it all. I took the pictures, I pondered thoughts each day, I overheard my children's voices saying the darnedest of things.....I just didn't know what to do with it all! I now have a beautiful spot to capture what I get to see each day, my children, my husband, our home, nature, friends, the simplest and most routine things we do, I now find myself looking at differently. I really feel like I am living my life now. That sounds funny, I know. But it's true. I look and watch and listen more to my children, and the world around me. I think more about what I am doing and why I am doing it. Because if I'm going to write about it, I have to think about it! A friend of mine said that "everything is blog worthy". I think she is right.

So thank you Ree, though I don't know you, you helped me create something beautiful, a part of my life that I will treasure for years to come.......my blog.

1 comment: